Thursday 23 May 2013

Daffodils and Bluebells

Good afternoon, peeps!

I have two cards for you today both made with the wonderful new stamps from wor Sheena that will be given their debut on a screen near you on Saturday at 10.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m.

First of all, here are the daffodils:


I'm sure this will show better when glimpsed by those wonderful camera people at Create and Craft TV because, in my dodgy photo, the light was reflecting off the WOW brass embossing powder on the top corner.  Anyhoo, the background is created with Distress Ink and the flowers are painted with H20s.

Now for the bluebells:


These beauties are on the same sheet of rubber real estate as the daffodils and what I really love is that, in addition to the main stem of bluebells, there are two separate little 'bells' so that, if you're stamping multiple stems of flowers like I have here, you can make them look different just with a little masking and the addition of the separate flowers - clever Sheena.  The wonderful new clear Rock-a-blocks make a difference with this task as well!

The background clouds are created with Tumbled Glass Distress Inks and the bluebells are painted with H20s (seems like I'm working to a formula here - Distress Inks for the background and H20s for the main feature.....well, I might surprise you with something different tomorrow!).

Thanks for looking today.

Hugs


 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Diane, the bluebells are very striking set against the sky. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Di, I love the daffs with the script but I think my favs of all the stamps have to be the bluebells. I love the way you've extended the spray too.
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely Di - beautiful. That cloud background is also fab - another one for the show n tell at the next retreat perhaps? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards.Suzyd x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x