Tuesday 28 December 2010

An Oldie but a Goodie Sketch Challenge

Good morning, peeps! and how are you all after the rush and bustle of Christmas? Where did those days go? Every year we spend so much time in the build up to this celebration and it's gone in a flash!
This will be the first of two posts from me today. The first being this card for An Oldie but a Goodie Challenge, which this week is to use this lovely sketch:

Of course, since the idea of the challenge is to use an image you've owned for more than 6 months, that sets the little grey cells working that bit harder! and here is what I decided to go with:

I think Tilda looks a little blurry in this photograph but I spent ages trying to get a decent piccie - I do hope my camera isn't on the blink!
Anyhoo, this little cutie was part of the Hoppy Easter Collection at the beginning of this year and I believe she's called 'Tilda with three flowers'. I do find the images of Tilda with a scarf tied around her head in this way so appealing and I don't know why! She's coloured with Copics and the shadows are deepened with various coloured pencils. The DPs are all from the Basic Grey 'Kioshi' collection (love those papers!) and the CS is Bazzill. I cut the circles with Nesties and then stamped with Penny Black 'Scrolling Along' in Aloe Vera Versamagic on the central one, which I embossed with detail clear EP. The flowers are all from Wild Orchid crafts, the leaves are punched with the Leonie-Em Maidenhair Fern punch and the sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.
Copics used:
Skin: E000/00/21, R11/20
Hair: E50/51/53/55
Tilda's lilac outfit: V000/01/12/15/17
Flowers: R11/20/32, Y13
Leaves: YG93/97
This is my final card as GDT for this challenge site and I do hope you like this over-the-top flower bower of a card - I think I went a bit berserk after all the snowflakes of recent efforts!
I'll be back later with another GDT contribution.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, Just saw your beautiful card on the challenge blog and had to pop over to leave you a comment :-) I love this sweet Tilda image, gorgeous papers and the flowers are stunning.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly stunning card, real beautiful
    It's great to have you as our guest
    Hugz fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x