Friday 8 May 2015

A good day to show you this one

Good afternoon, peeps!

No, I'm not referring to Election results in my title but to the fact that it's VE Day and poppies seem appropriate for the occasion.  The chap whose photograph is on my card is my Grandfather and whilst the picture dates back to the First World War and not the second it's still a homage to all our fighting forces.  Anyhoo, without more ado, here is the first poppy card that I made as a sample for wor Sheena's forthcoming Weekender Event on Create and Craft TV, where she'll be launching her new Perfect Partner Victorian Florals:


The background of the card is created with Sheena's Poppies and Daisies stamp and the Simply Scriptly stamp.

My other poppy card is very different (and not just the colour!):



I hope you liked my cards today and thank you for looking.  Don't forget to tune in for the shows tomorrow (9.00 a,m, 12.00 and 6.00 p.m.) and Sunday (11.00 a.m., 2.00 and 7.00 p.m.) or set the recorder if you're busy.  My fellow Inkoids have made some amazing samples!

Hugs


2 comments:

  1. Both beautiful but I was instantly drawn to the first one. What a wonderful idea and what a perfect way to celebrate VE day anniversary.I wish I had a picture of my Uncle Harry as I would like to create something similar to this (thanks for the idea) as we are honouring his being killed at Gallipoli on the 23rd of this month by planting our ceramic poppy that day.
    Thank you Diane for a lovely piece of artwork, a lovely card and a memory.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x