Sunday 17 February 2013

My first canvas

Good frosty, sunshiney morning, peeps!  What a glorious morning it is - cold at the moment but the sun is so bright it's sure to warm up later.  We'll be taking this handsome dude for a walk:


He's not ours - we've borrowed him whilst his real Mummy and Daddy take a holiday but he's a very welcome visitor.

Anyhoo, on to the crafty stuff and this will be the last post of the current batch of samples before Sheena's shows on Create and Craft TV tomorrow.

This is the first attempt I've ever made at producing a canvas with stamps and I dusted off a box canvas I seem to have had forever:


I created the branch using an Existencil stencil (these will be on tomorrow's show).  I think I made the paint too liquid because, despite my best efforts, it spread under the stencil.  However, all to the good because it gave the effect of an old and gnarled wisteria branch so all was not lost!  I then stamped bunches of leaves from Sheena's Silhouette Garden Stamp Set using the Luminarte Primary Elements pigments mixed fairly thickly with liquid gum arabic ad painted the result directly on to the stamp.  I did the same with the wisteria, which is from the same stamp set.  The butterflies were stamped with black Stazon (they're from the Flying Colours Stamp Set ) and then painted with the same paint mix but, this time, I added accent beads for a bit of texture, as I did to the centres of little flowers in the grass ( from the Always Floral Stamp Set ).  The shading in the grassy area of the design was created with another of the stencils called 'Oceana'.

Here's another card to complete this post:



As you may have guessed, I did some more tile cleaning to create the background but this time added some splashes of gold with a Luminarte Colour Concentrate - you just whack it down fairly hard on to the card to create this effect - a bit like being at playschool really!  I stamped and embossed the dragonfly ( Flying Colours Stamp Set ) with WOW Pearl Gold Sparkle embossing powder and did the same with the scroll ( Flower Power Stamp Set ).  I then added acetate wings to the dragonfly embossed in the same way.

I'm so looking forward to Sheena's shows tomorrow and will be tuning in to C & C TV at 11.00 a.m. for the first show ( 2 hours! ) and then again at 3.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. for the Paint Fusion shows - hope to see you there!

Thanks for looking today.

Hugs


7 comments:

  1. Hi hun
    two fabulous creations, luv the colours on the dragon fly, very handsome looking pooch, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane

    I've just been admiring all your gorgeous samples, it looks like you've had a lot of fun with these polished pigments, I really must give them a try. I spotted your projects on sheena's blog too.
    I love that canvas you've done with the Wisteria branch, bet it was hard letting go of that one.
    Enjoy this beautiful Sunday with your lovely visitor.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card... just perfect xx Liking the canvas toox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creations - found you via Sheena and the Gopher - and love what you have and are creating! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. More beautiful artwork Diane, as always. Love the 'dude'. Isn't he just so handsome. Etta's in a huff cos we wouldn't let her play in the sea today, lol, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that gold on the reds - striking and so rich looking - beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS Enjoy your walk - gorgeous doggy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x