Monday 4 June 2012

Did you see them?

Good morning, peeps!  I hope you are all well and enjoying a little sunshine on this Bank Holiday morning.  Did you see the River Pageant yesterday?  Our brave Queen looked absolutely perished, I hope she had her thermals on!

The other programme on the TV yesterday was the Stamping with Clarity Show and these are the cards I managed to make this month:


This was made from the Beach Huts Kit but I also included the Street from the Harbour Kit that featured on a past show.


I love making backgrounds and this one was created with Twinkling H2Os.  Barbara and Dean said it reminded them of Tales of the Unexpected opening sequence and it really does but I hadn't thought of that when I made the card.  If you remember that old TV programme don't admit to it, it was years and years ago!


This photograph didn't come out too well because of the light from my lamps reflecting on the mica surface but, after colouring the fish and coral with Copics, I sprayed Glimmer Mist over the surface and then decoupaged two more fish on top of that.  The idea was to make it look as though there were fish in the sea in the background and then the decoupaged ones were supposed to be in the foreground.  It worked IRL but it didn't show properly in the photograph.


This card was from the Classroom kit for June and since we have Wimbledon later this month, I chose to use the tennis player and tennis balls.  If you saw the show, you'll know that Barbara and Dean only just survived talking about the Sport and Balls Kit without totally corpsing!


Finally, there was my lady diver card and I chose to use this image with the Union Flag Set, which is so easy to use.  My clever teamie, Linda created the swimmers' costumes from this flag image but I chose to paper piece the cozzie here.

Thanks for looking at this latest batch of goodies in my DT work - I do hope you enjoyed them and enjoy the rest of this Bank Holiday break.

Hugs


3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane
    Wonderful cards as always. Especially like the beach huts and the fish cards.
    Shirley
    X x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Diane and I do remember the programme Tles of the Unexpected lol. You must be a busy bee like me now working on Sheena's stuff. Keeps us out of mischief lol. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your cards Diane but I must say I love the sporting ones. The H2o background one is fabulous - I love the bright colours you have got in there and it really has the WOW factor. Then again I love the diving girl - now I would never have thought of putting flowers on this card but it works. It looks fantastic.
    Real beauties Diane, each and every one of them.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x