Friday 18 May 2012

Wedding Card with a Difference

Good morning, peeps and I'm back with a new Polka Doodles Challenge, which is to create a Wedding Card with a Difference.  Here's my example:


To join us in this challenge, your card must have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue so now I must explain to you how my card fits these criteria!

Something old - I used the PD Love and Cherish CD, which has been around for a while now but is absolutely invaluable for any 'loving' occasion and that's from where I took the central picture with the wedding rings.  The second thing in this category is the Spun Sugar DI used to distress the edges of the card.
Something new - I opened my new packets of Which Craft 'Additions', both the Rectangle and Squares and the Heart Toppers.  These are so useful when you need a quick but different card.
Something borrowed - similar to the above, in a way.  When I bought the Additions, there was a young lady demonstrating on the stand and she had used the Rectangle and Square Additions to make a twisted easel card so I 'borrowed' the idea from her - I hope this counts!!
Something blue - well this one's fairly obvious!  Firstly, there are blue hearts in the lovely paper on the base of the card, which was one of those on the CD that was part of Pen and Paper Circle Issue 2 - not available now but at least you can pre-order issue 3!  I then picked up that blue in the flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The lovely leaves underneath the flowers were cut with a Marianne Creatables Die.  This is a die I use fairly frequently because I do love the swirly style of it.

The ticket sentiment is from the Sugarplum Daisy CD.  There's a wonderful selection of these sentiments - one for every occasion and I just love them!

Well, I hope you like my wedding card with a difference and that it's helped to inspire you to make your own and join in the challenge fun!

Thank you for looking today.

Hugs



2 comments:

  1. Very different for you too Diane but love it, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not an easy challenge but you made it Diane - and it is a beautiful card.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x