Friday 6 April 2012

Flutterfly Fairy Gracie

Good morning, peeps and a very Happy Easter to you all!

Today I have a card for the Polka Doodles Challenge this week, which is to create a card for a 'big number' birthday and I hope you're all going to join in with us!

My card celebrates a 40th birthday and here it is:


The image is one of the Fairy Flutterfly stamps, Gracie and I just love her hair and her funky tights!  She's coloured with Copics, Promarkers and Prisma pencils and I've stamped her on to a Go Kreate die cut shape that's distressed at the edges with Spun Sugar DI.  The gorge paper is printed from the new Sugar Plum Daisy CD which is overflowing with the cutest images, papers, sentiments and all kinds of goodies - the numbers on the 'stop' were printed from there too!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the lighting right to show the lovely embossing on the corners that were cut from a lovely Marianne Die and they look a bit plain without it but plain they definitely ain't!

The ribbon is from my stash and these are the Copics I used:

Skin:  E000, E00, E21, R20, R11
Hair:  E50, E53, E33
Top:  RV00, RV02, Pink Carnation Promarker and Raspberry pencil
Shorts:  BG10, BG11, Tea Green Promarker and Muted Turquoise pencil
Boots:  G12, G14, Apple Green and Cool Grey 50% pencils
Wings:  V000, V01, V13 and bright pink and clear Wink of Stella Pens
The tights and flowers are a combination of the colours already mentioned.

I drew the flower stems and leaves with a Whipsers black marker pen but the flowers themselves are a part of the stamp plate, as is the sentiment used.

Thank you for looking today, this was such a fun image to colour and I hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed making it!

Hugs


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card - and such a cute image. Love how you have decorated the base of the Easel.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and love all the layers you have added to it. You have made me realise that I must dig out those fairy stamps as they are adorable.

    Hope you had a great Easter weekend,

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane! Hope you're well and life is good. I love your card, it's the most gorgeous shape for an easel and I love your colouring too. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x