Friday 13 January 2012

Vintage Babsie

Well, good morning again!  I'm back with my card for the Polka Doodles Challenge, which this week is 'Vintage /Retro'.  A good challenge for me because I've never particularly worked with the vintage style but always admire it when I see others' work.  I always think of it as a particularly feminine style so I decided to use one of the Fairy Flutterfly stamps and this one is called 'Babsie'.


Not being very experienced with this style of card, I took my inspiration from a card that appeared in an old Magnolia Ink magazine that was made by the uber talented Hanna.  This young lady makes the most amazing cards so do take a peek at her blog and leave her some love.

Anyhoo, back to the challenge!  Babsie is coloured with Copics, Promarkers, Flexmarkers and Prisma pencils and all the distressing is done with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  The papers are all printed from the Pretty Sweet CD, which has a wonderful selection of gorgeous, feminine papers.  As you can see, there was plenty much the punching with my Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch and I heated the ribbon to make it shrivel and look a bit more vintage-y.  The pearls are from Stampin' Up, the pearl brads are from The Hobby House and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I will certainly be having another crack at this vintage style because it was great fun to do.  Why don't you join in the fun and enter this challenge?  Hop on over to the Challenge Blog now and see what inspiration my talented teamies have produced for you.

Well, I'm off now to a meeting then I have packing to do for our holiday in The Lakes but my lappy will be travelling with me so I'll hopefully be back again soon with more waffle and a card for you.  In the meantime, have a fantastic weekend!

Hugs



6 comments:

  1. Your card is really cute, I love the lacey elements and paper together. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could make something as magnificent as this *sigh*

    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous card, fabulous colouring, pretty embelies & design, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have made vintage look easy Diane, she is fabulous too, I love her scarf
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane I hope you don't mind but I've award you a Leibster blog award as I love all your work .Please pop over to my blog to collect it
    Emma xx http://emzycards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always Diane, whether a slightly different style or what you create beauty. Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x