Friday 23 September 2011

A distressed card

Good morning, peeps!  Thank Crunchie it's Friday again - don't they roll around fast?  I'm trying not to think about it frankly and at least this week's challenge at Polka Doodles isn't to make a Christmas card!  (we're going to be needing those far too soon!)  It's 'Distress it', which is really good because I don't seem to have done any distressing for a while and, when that happens, we can often forget these techniques so it's good to revisit.


This little cutie pie is Bella and she appears on the new Simply Sweet CD.  Here she is on her garden swing under a lovely blue sky with just some light fluffy clouds - she clearly doesn't live in Yorkshire, that's all I can say!

Anyhoo, I distressed the edges of the main image with a distressing tool and Pumice Stone DI and the put some Stardust Stickles over the top, which almost obscures the distressing!  Well I did say that I hadn't used this technique in a while!  I also applied the same DI to the sentiment and the lovely DP, both of which were printed from the same CD.  The leaves were cut from a Marianne die and the flowers are Sweetheart blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The ribbon is from my stash.  Speaking of which, have you ever noticed that however many spools/lengths of ribbon you have, you've never got quite the right one?  Who wrote that rule then?

Of course, Bella is coloured with Copics and Flexmarkers and the shading is enhanced with Prisma pencils blended with Sansodor but I'm sorry that, in the chaos that is my craft room, I didn't keep a note of the numbers for you.

I do hope that you'll join us for this challenge and hop over to the Challenge blog to see all the wonderful work that my teamies have put in.

Whatever you're doing this weekend, have a good un.  I'm teaching a colouring class at Samuel Taylor in Roseville Street, Leeds tomorrow and there's great excitement about the place there at the moment because a new store opens in Harrogate tomorrow - let's all wish them every success because it's great to see a new craft shop opening it's doors.

Hugs


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always Diane. Love the shading on her dress. Hope last night was OK, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, this is so sweet Diane, love your colouring hun, have a great weekned, hugs,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. She doesn't live in Lancashire either although this week is the Indian Summer one we are enjoying at the moment. A bit late but ...
    Lovely card beautiful colouring - everything perfect.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x