Monday 29 August 2011

Have you seen this man before?

Good morning, peeps!

I hope you're all bright eyed and bushy tailed this Bank Holiday morning and generally having some down time doing what you love best!

The answer to the question in the title will depend on how long you've been looking at my blog because this chap, Aubrey Bumblethorpe, made an appearance in his faded Black Sabbath T shirt and denims exactly one year ago when it was my gorgeous hubby Brian's birthday last year. Go here to see that post and his look alike in the form of my DH!

Anyhoo, he's making a reappearance this year complete with his birthday cake.



As you can see,this year he has a hangover! However, I don't think that Brian will be in this state because, as I type this post on Sunday 28 August, he is in bed with a horrible chesty cold! I do hope he's better for Tuesday which is his actual birthday. I know he doesn't like birthdays too much these days but catching this is really extreme!

You may be thinking that it's risky posting this before the birthday boy has seen it but there's really no problem since he never looks at my blog. I do hope that Aubrey makes you and him smile. I've made an insert on the computer for the inside that says 'Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened!' which I've borrowed from a card that the lovely and talented Mina showed on the card she posted this morning so thanks, hun and I do hope you don't mind my borrowing from you. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and if any of you haven't seen Mina's work yet, please follow the link I've posted and leave her some love - her work is wonderful.

Please send some positive thoughts for Brian to get better in time to celebrate his birthday and here is the recipe - not for the cake, but for the card!

Recipe

Image: Digi image from Just Inklined
DPs: K & Co 'Hopscotch'
Star die: Sizzix Primitive Stars
Buttons: from my stash
Button twine: The Ribbon Girl (and it only arrived yesterday - wonderful efficient service!)
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E21, R11, R20, R30
T shirt: W1, W3, W5, W7, R22, R24, R27, R29
Beard: C0 C1, C3
Denim: B91, B93, B95
Icing/Plate/Doily: E50, E51,E53, BG11, BG13
Table: E53, E55, E57
Ice pack/candles: YR14, YR16, YR17
I used Prisma pencils and Sansodor to create the shadow and enhance the picture a little.

Hugs



4 comments:

  1. great fun card Diane, his glasses look so real
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Diane, hope your husband is better soon and enjoys his birthday!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, there's defo a man just like that living in your apartment, lol. I do hope Brian is soon better. Give him get well hugs from me, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Aubrey hes brilliant isnt he Diane...wow to your amazing colouring and his glasses are fantastic
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x