Wednesday 8 June 2011

The secrets are revealed!

Good morning, my poor neglected blogging friends! Did you think I'd got lost? I think that the absence of blog posts arises because I get deeply engrossed in the Clarity Stamp DT work and, because it has to be kept secret until after the TV show, I forget to post anything. Hmmmm, I'll have to give some thought to what I can do about that.

Anyhoo, I thought I'd show you the ones I made for the last show. Here's number 1:

I created this one by stamping with Versamark on to Triple Silk paper. It's something I've had for years and bought from a supplier that has since closed down but basically it's a semi-gloss paper and I could probably get the same or similar effect from Claritycard. When the Versamark had dried a little, I sponged on Adirondack Pool, Stream, Denim and Eggplant. I then stamped with Versamark again but this time applied Moonglow embossing powders in various colours. I do love the effect of layering stamp designs in this way and it's some time since I used the technique. The double frame was inspired by a blog post I saw but I'm blowed if I can remember where so, apologies to whoever originated this type of design.

Here's number 2:

I felt very much at home creating this one because it allowed me to use my lovely Copics. I had great fun with them on this design but the colouring took me well over 5 hours in total! The ribbon and beads are from my stash.
Well, I'll leave it there for today, otherwise this post could become like War and Peace but I hope you enjoyed looking at these two and I'll see you again soon.

Hugs

3 comments:

  1. Great cards Diane, the agapanthus was my favourite of the whole show and the colouring on the Home Sweet home sample is to die for, love them both. ( Trying for the forth time to post this!!!) Anne M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both exquisite cards but the first one is my fave! You really have been making some fabulous stuff.
    Love Jo x
    ps sorry I didn't post your comment but I never include the little'un's faces or names on my blog but thanks so much for your care and for what you said.You're a love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow Diane I love the effect on that top one its so dreamy looking...two gorgeous cards
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x