Monday 20 June 2011

My earliest one ever!

Good afternoon, peeps!

Yes, it's true - I've never made a Christmas card this early in the year before although I know that some folks are super organised and make them all through the year, I'm not one of them I'm afraid! So why, I hear you ask amd I starting now? Well, it's a class project and forms a half of the day's projects on 2nd July at Samuel Taylor's in Roseville Street, Leeds. The other half shall be revealed soon! I think that the colours look a bit 'bleached out' on this photo but it was the best I could do.



Maybe many of you have made Tri-fold Shutter cards before, but I do think it's an attractive fold and a great way to use your fabulous DPs. It's even possible now to buy the cards ready cut and folded but this one started out its life as a flat piece of card.

Tilda with Fir is still one of my fave Magnolia Christmas stamps - I wonder what they'll delight us with this year, peeps? All I can say is that I hope they issue them earlier than they did last year!

This is how the card looks when it's open:



Well, I hope the class members like it, it's not a difficult card to make but there's a fair amount of measuring and cutting to keep them busy and, by way of a departure, I decided to use a poinsettia cut from a Marianne die rather than use purchased flowers, even though I like them so much! However, this poinsettia is also very appealing and I can see it getting quite a few airings as Christmas draws ever closer. I expect that, like me, you can't believe that virtually half the year has gone already - scary! Please someone tell the sun to shine before we go into Autumn!

The image is coloured with the usual Copics, Promarkers and Prisma pencils and I was a good girl and kept a note of the colours for you!

OK, this is me leaving you with the card recipe whilst I go back to some more projects but I'll see you again soon.

Recipe

Stamps: Magnolia 'Tilda with Fir' & Jolly Holly, Merry Christmas - Printworks, With love - Artifacts
DPs: Memory Box Mistletoe Collection
Dies: Nesties and Marianne die #LR0122
Distressing: Old Paper DI
Ribbon: from my stash
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01 E21, R11, R20, R30
Hair: E23, E27, E50
Coat & hat: RV32, Promarkers Antique Pink and Burgundy + Tuscan Red Prisma pencil
Fur on coat & hat: E40, E41, E42
Fir Tree: G40, G82, G85, G94 : Marine Green Prisma pencil
Tights/Mittens: BG70, BG72, Promarker Tea Green + Muted Turquoise Prisma pencil

Hugs



8 comments:

  1. This makes me want to break out some Christmas images. This is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. I've never mastered this fold and end up in a right mess! But you've inspired me to have another go. Tilda is gorgeous, love your colours. I haven't got a Christmas Tilda so will be looking out for the new ones this year! Take care Zo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really a gorgeous card Diane!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane this is amazing!! All those lovely folds simply befuddle me so I know your class will love learning how! Your coloring on this is some of the best I've seen you do (and that's saying a lot!!) Again, simply amazing! Hope all is well with you g/f!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a horrid Midsummer Day we had here yesterday - I agree we need some summer before Autumn comes. Leaves are already falling!
    What a delightful card - yes, I like this shape of card too and you have done it just perfectly. A delightful image and beautifully coloured as always.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my faves Diane! LOVE your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane!
    I just became a follower! This card is stunning! I love this Tilda image and it was brilliant to use her on the tri-fold shutter card. It's gorgeous!
    I'm looking forward to working with you at Fussy and Fancy!
    I hope that you have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, you work is just gorgeous! I signed to be a follower. Your coloring is fabulous!
    Hugs,
    marie, CMC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x