Wednesday 25 May 2011

A Criss Cross card

Good afternoon, peeps! I hope you are all well and seeing some sunshine!


Well, this card was something of a challenge to myself, the reason being that I've been asked to teach (if that's the word) a Make and Take project at Samuel Taylor at Roseville Street in Leeds on 4th June and I needed to create a project that could be easily constructed. This is the first of two options. The only problem is, I find it very hard to imagine the timing for creating the card when you have all the bits ready cut out and you're only concerned with the assembly. I seem to spend ages going through the thought process of what to put where, which papers, punches and embellies to use and so on. I think the only answer is to recreate this when I have the correct images, which will be from the Magnolia 'Sweet Rainbow' collection, and set the clock when I've prepared all the elements. There could then be a quick redesign - watch this space! You could be seeing a very similar card again!

Here you can see both elements of the card with the jotting panel on the inside, pull out part of the card.


and here is a close up of the star of the show:


I did keep a note of the Copics I used to colour her but you'll be amazed at the number of colours I used for her dress but I just kept layering them on until I was satisfied with the colour!
I hope you like it, peeps. I must say I was itching to pretty it up a lot more but then it wouldn't have been suitable for the Make and Take!
Hopefully, I'll see you again soon with another option for the occasion. Enjoy the slightly warmer weather despite the winds!
Card recipe:

Image: Magnolia
Sentiment: An old one from my stash - sorry but I don't know who makes it.
DPs: Craft Creations
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Mega Ovals large (plain and scalloped) Go Kreate Concentric Tags #1, Sizzix 'Primitive Hearts', Sizzix 'Decorative Flourishes set'
Punches: Martha Stewart 'Swirling Lace', McGill 'Leaves', EK Success 'Retro Flower'
Pearls and Pearl Brad: The Hobby House
Ribbon & button: from my stash
Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E01, E21, R30, R20
Hair: E50, E51, E53, E55, E33 + Prisma Sandbar brown pencil
Dress & socks: R11, R20, R21, R22, R30, R81, R83, R85, RV000, RV00, RV11 + Prisma Cool Grey 50%
Tilda's wings: C00, C1, C3 + Prisma Cool Grey 50%
Shoes: BV25, BV29, C00
Roses: Y13, Y15, Y17
Leaves: G20, G40, G82 + Prisma Marine Green
The shadows around Tilda were created with Prisma Warm Grey 70% & 50%
All the distressing was done with Pumice Stone DI.
Hugs


1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane
    wow what a beautiful card, awesome colouring, pretty papers & embelies, lovely design, sue,x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x