Wednesday, 6 April 2011

.... and those that didn't

Good morning, peeps! and a fine sunny one it is too here in Yorkshire so I'm torn between getting some fresh air and working on a DT project. My guess is that the DT project will win hands down! I thought I'd show you some more of the cards that I made for the Clarity Stamps show on Create and Craft TV last Sunday. These are the Cinderellas - the ones that didn't appear on TV: This is a really simple card, I just eliminated the crook part of the stamp and placed the two images at 90 degrees to one another to make the corner image. It was stamped with Adirondack Latte and coloured with Copics. I then simply distressed the edges of the card with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. I must say that I was fairly surprised that this was the image that sold out first on the show. If I'd been making a prediction on sell outs, it would have been for the Dandelion Fairy below: This was a set of 3 stamps, the fairy herself, a leaf and the verse. I stamped and embossed the fairy and the verse in detail silver and coloured the fairy with Copics. With 20/20 hindsight, I should have used watercolour because the alcohol markers didn't do the silver embossing any favours - duh! Sometimes it's hard to think straight when the pressure is on! I then used Adirondack Juniper to place partial images of the leaves in two of the corners of the shape, which was cut with a Go Kreate frilly die. I then stamped the leaf with Versamark and used clear embossing on the basic card for background. The pearls are from The Hobby House and the fibres, which I thought gave the feeling of dandelion seeds, were from my stash. Last one! This is a montage of the Stampstamps all with images that have a Scottish theme image placed within them. I always think that this type of work looks very complicated but, of course, it's simply an exercise in masking. Having made it sound simple like that, can you believe that this was my 11th attempt to get it right! The other 10 had smudges, unclear images or some fault or other - I was getting ready to tear my hair out I can tell you! Anyway, it came right in the end and I gave a great sigh of relief. To assemble the card, I simply cut around the edges of the stamp collection with some Fiskars Paper Edgers to give the look of stamp perforations and mounted it on black card. The french script DP was from my stash, the Clarity 'with love' stamp was used on shrink plastic and I used blue ribbon in an effort to make it look like love letters tied in a bundle. However, I thought I would refrain from calling it 'French Letters' because, if it had been picked out by Dean on the show it would have been before the watershed! I hope you enjoyed looking at a few more Clarity cards and I'll see you all again soon. In the meantime, enjoy the sunshine if you have it! Hugs


  1. Nice to see a change in style from you Diane (but I love your other style so much, so very much).
    What a shame these did not make it,e specially as the third one had taken so many tries - isn't it frustrating. I can imagine you tearing your hair out - for real. Never mind, you got there in the end - lovely cards all three of them.

  2. Both of these cards are awesome. Love both even tho they are different styles they are both great cards.

  3. More beauties. I love the bottom one, French or not, lol, x

  4. Hi,Diane,
    Lovely blog and cards ! Nice to meet you through Suzanne's Group ! I'm now yr follower ! Hugs,Yone

  5. wow Diane I love these, the sentiments are wonderful, they will go down a storm on the show
    Mina xxx

  6. Beautiful card Diane. These card are so elegant and sweet :o)


Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x