Sunday 27 February 2011

Something a little different and a toot!

Good evening, peeps and I hope your weekend has been a good one! There's still a little bit of it left to enjoy so why not kick back and relax!
I thought I'd show you some cards that show techniques that are not normally displayed here on my blog, or haven't been thus far. They are techniques that are most frequently demonstrated by my good friend Barbara Gray of Clarity Stamps and I recently taught a class using these techniques at my local craft shop, Samuel Taylor's in Brighouse - I say 'local' well, it's only 10 miles away! The cards you see pictured here are pretty much a direct copy of what Barbara has produced on Create and Craft TV but my experience of working with Barbara at craft shows is that people who buy her stamps want to produce artwork just like hers so that was the thought behind the class.


This one is a simple reflection but spot the not so deliberate mistake....guess who forgot to repeat the water effect in the reflected moon!!



On the subject of moons, this is the lovely Moonfairy image and I loved the celestial background effect when Barbara produced it on TV.



This little foggy scene uses no brayering at all, which is probably a relief to many but I think it shows the versatility of Clarity Stamps since the faded effect of the buildings across the river is produced using the same corner stamp that produced the steps. Add a little paper piecing and it's done!



The Silver Birch is one of my favourite trees so, naturally, I love this image and the effect of looking into a leafy glade.

I'm sorry that the photos are all rather crooked - I'm obviously having a bad photo day! I can also see the lamp light reflecting on the semi-gloss card in this last photo - thankfully Spring is on it's way and bringing better light conditions for taking card piccies!

.....and the toot? Well I'm feeling very honoured because Barbara has asked me to join her design team so some of the cards I produce with Clarity Stamps will be seen on TV.....yay! All I have to do now is think of card designs for the box of stamps beside me as I type and this month, it's a fair challenge!
I'll see you again soon with something that's a little more like what you're used to seeing here.
Bye for now.




7 comments:

  1. wow Diane way to go girl but you so deserve it these cards are amazing and the colours and colouring are fantastic
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Diane - another well deserved accolade for you. Well done - that makes loads of DT's you are on - no wonder - your work is beautiful.
    Now I want to know how to brayer - need to chat with you. Your work is absolutely fantastic, shows how versatile you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww these are beautiful cards Diane!! Love the scenery you created on the cards!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Diane, these are simply fantastic. No wonder Barbara asked you to join the team, although I had no doubts as to your continuing success in this as your work is brilliant, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! You will be an amazing asset to your new DT!! I love all of these cards, but I must say the birch one is my fav!! Gorgeous!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Congratulations on being asked to join Barbara's team thats a great honour and if your cards are anything to go by you will be a great asset to them. With hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Massive congrats hun, well deserved your work is fabulous!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x