Bless you!!! (sorry - bit of a pun.....groan!) Good afternoon, peeps and I hope your day is going well so far. You might want to get a cup of tea and settle down because this looks like being a long post with quite a few photographs! I've seen a few pictures lately in blogland (if only I could remember where!) for tissue box covers and I thought it might be interesting to have a go at making one for myself, so I got the method from Split Coast Stampers - what an amazing resource for us it is! Then I had the challenge of re-doing all the measurements because I think our Kleenex boxes must be a different size from the ones in the U.S. Well, we got through that one and these two piccies above show the overall result. Then I thought I'd be adventurous and make some of the lovely flowers that the lovely Sassy has a tutorial for on Stampartic here and she's given instructions in English as well. They were pretty fiddly to make but worth it, I thought. I created the centres using a Viva Pearl Pen but that technique needs a little practise methinks! The outer surface of the box is white card embossed with a Cuttlebug Floral Screen folder but you could use any one that has a multi directional design. I then distressed the edges and sponged over the embossing with Spun Sugar Distress Ink. This is the first portrait of Tilda I chose to use and she's called 'Tilda with Bow Knot'. I had to choose images that were not too tall because of the limited space below the lid that you can't really see because it's disguised by the pink gingham ribbon (from my stash) and the paper lace punched with my MS Doily Lace punch and distressed with the Spun Sugar Ink again. This one is called 'Jam Tilda' obviously for reasons best known to Magnolia! I'm sorry if she looks a little blurry but I had three separate attempts to photograph this one and it still doesn't look quite right to me! This is a nice Summery portrait which I think is called 'Tilda with bunch of lilacs'... ....and this one is called 'Dinner Tilda' - she looks quite sophisticated don't you think? The leaves in the corners were punched with my McGill Pine Punch and my Leonie Em Maidenhair punch but I cut these latter ones down a bit because the punch produces quite a large leaf. All of the colouring was done with my Copics with the addition of Prismacolor pencils and Derwent Inktense pencils. I'd tell you which Copics I used but I seemed to have most of the ones I own spread over my desk by the time I'd finished so, think of a number and I probably used it! Phew! I think that's it. I hope you like this project and I think I might try and make a few more of these for gifts - if I get time! Thank you for staying with me until the end of this post and I'd love to read your comments! Bye for now!
I'm an addicted crafter who enjoys all forms of craft but I mainly spend what time and money I have on card making. A sixty something year old Mum of two and Granny to six. Married for the second time around to Brian, my teenage sweetheart and living very happily in West Yorkshire, UK where I settled eight years ago.
I'm also an Accredited Crafter's Companion Demonstrator. Please contact me for further info.