Monday 29 November 2010

Tea Light Card


Good morning, peeps and a very chilly one it is too!
I've been wanting to make one of these cards for some time and I've also wanted to use this image for some time so it feels like two accomplishments in one! I think this is a lovely way to send a card combined with a little gift and it doesn't have to contain tea lights, a similar construction could hold sweets or any number of different small gifts. Hmmm....I'll work on that one - watch this space!
The photgraphs here don't seem to do it justice, which is very disappointing because it looks so much better IRL.
I got the instructions for this card from the StampARTic site and it's a really easy card to make. The trick is to use a Nestabilitie shape for the box window that will hold in all the candles and that allows you to extract them all easily. The ribbon bow stops them falling out - ideally, it would have been a wider ribbon but I simply didn't have anything suitable and if you could see the amount of ribbon I'm looking at here, that's hard to believe!
The Mo Manning image is called 'Prince Edward Island' and she's coloured with Copics and various coloured pencils blended with Sansodor. I'm sorry I haven't been giving you colour numbers lately but I get so absorbed with the colouring, just grabbing what I need that eventually my desk becomes covered with pens and pencils and I have to have a clear up to be able to carry on working - noting down colour numbers just gets lost in the general chaos! The image is framed with my Nestabilities Classic Frame and I stencilled through the die with Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue, which has also been used around all the edges. The pearls are from The Hobby House here and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I punched the leaves with my Leonie Em Maidenhair Fern punch. The papers are digital ones downloaded from Nitwits and I think I shall be using more of these. You can see some of the coordinating ones inside the card:

I think I may add a sentiment to the pocket that holds the tag (cut with a Sizzix die) but it's really a question of finding the right one.
I hope you like this one peeps and that you decide to have a go yourself - it really is an easy project - promise!
Keep warm!

6 comments:

  1. My cards always look better in person Diane. This little girl is sooooo cute and the colors are wonderful.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Diane, this is totally beautiful! Love your colouring and the adorable image. What a fabulous idea this design is too - thanks so much for sharing the details.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful card from the pens of Diane. What a fab idea this one is though. Love the inside almost as much as the outside.

    BTW - Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
    Hugs
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww this is gorgeous Diane!!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this image Diane, I always want to know what adventure shes of on, and of course want to go with her...I love these cards and must have a go at one...lush digi papers
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x