Friday 27 August 2010

Cornell goes back to school



Good afternoon, peeps! I hope you're all bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready for the Bank Holiday weekend.

This is one of the wonderful Mo Manning's images and Cornell is the name that Mo has given to her. I thought she's be perfect for a Back to School card - I have five to make in total for my five grandchildren. Three of the five are making new beginnings this term - number one granddaughter, Holly and number three grandson, James are both starting at senior school and number one grandson, Matt is going off to sixth form college. This card is for number two granddaughter, Lucy who is about to start her final year at Junior school.

I used a sketch from the lovely Bev and it's so kind of you hun to provide this wonderful resource for us all to use - thank you! I'm afraid I haven't the faintest clue which Copics I used to colour the image because this is part of the batch of images I coloured when I was last away from home and I didn't keep a note. I'm off again this weekend with my Copics ready and packed but I'll try to keep some notes this time!

The papers are from my new Prima pack called 'Fairy Flora' and The Glitter Pot have it here at a very good price - I thought I should just stop stroking all these papers and use some. Every one of the designs in the pad is absolutely gorgeous and you could well be seeing more of these! I punched the edge of the top paper with my Martha Stewart Doily Hearts punch.

The flowers are some Prima ones from my stash and some are from Wild Orchid Crafts (link in my sidebar) and I just cut some leaf shapes from some scraps of very old DP. I wasn't sure about using the rainbow ribbon after I first put it on to the card but I think it's grown on me. Anyway, it was from Fantastic Ribbons although I can't see this width on their web site now.

Finally, I distressed the edge of the Nestie shape the image is on with Forest Moss Distress Ink.

I hope you like this card and have a great weekend all of you!

Bye for now

Diane x

5 comments:

  1. LOVELY, LOVELY card, Diane! Your layout is gorgeous -- the flowers and ribbon are stunning. I adore your job with Cornell -- the grey and green socks gave me a good chuckle -- I think I had a pair of socks like that in high school! :) xoxoMo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - you do the most beautiful colouring, the layouts are fantastic - how long does it take you to put a card like this together?
    This is such a cute image - and what a beautiful card you have made from it. I don't know how you can part with your work (but glad you do tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Diane this is stunning, I love those colours and your fabulous colouring of this gorgeous Mo's image
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Diane. I'm sure Lucy loved it, x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Diane! this is absolutely adorable! love your coloring and all the flowers! wonderful!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Please leave me a comment- I love to read them! Diane x